Prepare For Oak Grove School (Making Officers Building Nation)
As part of the wide spectrum of welfare activities of Indian Railways, Oak Grove School aims at providing quality, modern education - as obtainable in English Medium Public Schools - to the wards of railway employees at a highly affordable cost. The school has successfully adapted to the changing times and lays great emphasis on imbibing the values of Indian culture amongst students. The school aims at achieving the highest standard of excellence in academics, sports and co-curricular activities, as found in the best Public Schools so as to turn out men and women of quality who would do the Railways and society at large, proud of them. Limited seats (25%) are also offered to those not working in the railway system.Our Vision
We are committed to continuos improvement in learning environment that enhances values, Self-Esteem, Responsibility and Accountabiity in Partnership with Parents.
Oak Grove School was the product of coming together of three of the greatest gifts of Nineteenth century - Indian Railways, Hill Station and Public School Culture -all blending harmoniously in this institution. The first Railway hill school was started in 1870s by SP&D Railway later known as North Western Railway at a Bungalow called FAIRLAWN close to the land where Oak Grove is presently situated. It was part of the 'Rajah's Palace' which belonged to the Royal family of Nepal. The ruins of the Palace are still present and part of the estate has been developed for residential purpose.
Oak Grove school was started in 1888 by East India Railway Company with an endowment fund of Rs 2 lac on the recommendations of the School Committee. In the 19th century Companies and Industrial concerns were mainly driven by profit motive and rarely invested in areas of social concern like Educational institutions, which was mainly left to Religious and Philanthropic Institutions. It was therefore quite creditable on the part of EIR to start an institution like Oak Grove, way back in the 1880's.
The proposal soon took concrete shape and the school started functioning from 1st of June 1888. The Fairlawn school was merged to Oak Grove in 1894 as it could not survive the birth pangs like shortage of staff and accommodation.
The first School building, the present Boys school was designed by Mr. R. Roskell Bayne , the Company's Chief Architect and built under the supervision of Mr. W. Drysdale the Company's Engineer. Earliest recorded history of the school mentions the arrival of Matron and Sergant Mrs. and Mr. Green on 9th May 1988 as the first official of the school followed by Head teachers Mrs. and Mr. A. C. Chapman on 19th May, who steered the school through its initial teething problems and set it on the path of stable growth over the period of 24 years, which they spent here.
ONLINE(To bs filled and submitted through school's website www.oakgrovejharipani.in)
The minimum and maximum age of the child should be as per the table below:
|CLASS||Minimum age as on 31/03/2024||Maximum age as on 31/03/2024||Age Criteria|
|III||7 Years||9 Years||1 April 2015 to 31 March 2017|
|IV||8 years||10 years||1 April 2012 to 31 March 2014|
|V||9 years||10 years||1 April 2011 to 31 March 2013|
|VI||11 years||12 years||1 April 2010 to 31 March 2012|
|VII||11 years||13 years||1 April 2009 to 31 March 2011|
|VIII||12 years||14 years||1 April 2008 to 31 March 2010|
|IX||13 years||15 years||1 April 2007 to 31 March 2009|
Note: Candidate born on 1st of April in the relevant year, may, also be considered.
Without late Fee Fee 1500/- (One thousand five hundred only) from 18-09-2023 to 30-11-2023
With Late Fee of Rs. 1000/- 2500/- (Two thousand five hundred only) from 01-12-2023 to 10-12-2023
Entrance Exam can be either online or offline. The Examination Center will be in Dehradun
Entrance Exam Admit Cards will NOT be sent by email or post.The same will have to be downloaded from the school website by the applicants themselves. The same shall be made available two weeks prior to the scheduled date of examination.
Will be notified later on along-with the result of written exam.
Wards of Railway Employees:Rs.70,000.00 per year
Wards of Non-Railway Persons:Rs.1,80,000.00 per year
(For the detailed information regarding fee Structure, Caution money and related rules,please visit the school Website. School Fee is subject to change for Academic Session 2024-25)
Hostel, Mess, Stationary, Text Books, Primary Health & Medical Care, Smart Classes, Internet, SPACS, Indoor and Outdoor Sports, Gym etc.
|Requirement||File Format||File Size||Dimensions|
|Photograph of Candidate||.JPG/.JPEG||4KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature of Candidate||.JPG/.JPEG||1KB to 20KB||3.5cm x 1.5 cm|
|Signature of the Father/Mother/Legal Guardian||.JPG/.JPEG||1KB to 20KB||3.5cm x 1.5 cm|
Note: Photograph must be recent colored passport size taken against a light, preferably in white background. Face should be straight. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover the face.
The ’ONLINE’ application module will open from 18-09-2023. Before starting filling up the ONLINE application form, the scanned images of documents with required specification as mentioned in Sr. 10 above should be kept ready for uploading in the required fields. Now log on to the school’s website "http://www.oakgrovejharipani.in" and select the Tab ‘Admissions’ and proceed as follows:
(A) PART-I Application Form
1. Select 'Part-1 Application Form’in the drop down menu under the tab 'Admissions’.
2. In the coming window, you will be prompted to select the Class in which admission is sought and date of birth of your child. If the date of birth meets the required age eligibility criteria, the window containing the Application Form will open which is required to be filled in real time and can’t be saved for entries at any future time.
3. Fill up aIl the details therein carefully without using any special characters which are given on top of the Application form. Also, attach the required documents as specified at Sr. No. 10.
4. Submit the form and carefully note down the generated 'Application Number'
(B) PART-II Make Payment
1. Select 'Part-II Make Payment' in the drop-down menu under the tab ’Admissions’. You will be redirected to home page of Stale Bank of India’s website whereby a window will open showing the payment terms of SBI. Please accept the payment terms by the dialogue box and click Proceed button.
2. In the Next Window, Select the state and type of corporate/Institution as Uttarakhand and Educational Institutions respectively and click Submit button.
3. In the Next Window, Select 'PRINCIPAL OGS SCHOOL FEES' for Educational Institutions Name and click Submit button.
4. Select Payment Category out of the available options in the next window as “Application Fee (New Admission)”. This will open the payment window. You need to fill up the required details therein and then submit button.
5. You will be prompted to confirm the details provided by you in the next window. If all the details are correct, press Confirm and proceed for payment.
6. Select the payment mode of your choice out of the mode available in the next window and make payment.
7. Carefully note down the SBCollect Reference Number generated after the payment. Please ensure that the payment has been successful. In case, the payment status is shown as pending at the time of payment, please check with your bank that the payment has been actually made.
(C) Part-III Enter Payment Details
If the payment is successful, Enter the details of the Fee Payment you have remitted by using the drop-down menu 'Part-III Enter Payment Details’ under the tab ‘Admissions’. After filling the details,click 'SUBMIT'. The application stands finally submitted now.
The status of your application can be checked by using the drop-down menu 'Check Application Status’ under the tab 'Admissions’. Entrance Exam Admit Card will be available under the drop-down menu ’Download Entrance Exam Admit Card’ under the tab ‘Admission’ which shall be made available at-least two weeks before the scheduled date of examination.
Please note that Entrance Exam Admit Cards will not be sent by post but will have to be downloaded from school’s website by candidates themselves.
1. Subjects for which Admission Test will be held:English, Science, Maths, Hindi, G.K and Environmental Science.The questions asked will be of Objectives as well as subjective in nature.
(a). The Application Fee is not refundable in any case.
(b). Photograph must be recent coloured passport size taken against a light, preferably white background. Face should be straight. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover the face.
2. The candidates who qualify the Written Entrance Examination should keep the following documents ready so as to submit the same as and when asked by the school administration:
(a). Copy of Certificate of Date of Birth of the Candidate issued by Municipal Corporation.
(b). Copy of Aadhar Number Card of the Candidate. Please note that Aadhar Number is a must for every candidate. Admission to the candidates will be denied if they fail to submit the copy of Aadhar Card.
(c). Documentary Proof in support of SC/ST/OBC candidates only.
(d). Certificate from the present school certifying date of birth, character and class in which the ward is studying.
(e). Railway Employee certificate issued by Controlling Officer or Sr. DPO in case father or mother being a Railway Servant.
(f). Transfer Certificate from the last school attended is to be submitted at the time of admission.
(g). All the guidelines and instructions issued by CBSE with respect to admissions in boarding schools will be adhered to.
3. For any assistance/query, parents are requested to contact school’s office between 10.00 a.m. to 05.3O p.m. at O135-263O2OO during any working day or email at email@example.com.